Saturday, July 3, 2010

Worst Rental Car Ever


I've already written about our rental car being extremely problematic. First, I hit that rock. (See the scratch mainly under the rear passenger door...that's the one!)

Then I couldn't turn it on without performing tricks (Make sure the emergency break was on, press on the breaks, turn the wheel side to side). Totally did not help that Chris never had any problems with the car.


All these problems were pretty ironic because I had mentioned to Chris in the Honolulu airport that having all these nice new rental cars were going to make me not want to take my own crappy car back. Well, with this car I have never been so ready to get rid of a car in my life!

We had picked up Chris' car on Thursday, but we still needed the rental because someone (not me) left the driver's side door opened all night and being that we live in a RAINforest, of course it poured!

So on Friday, we headed down to pick up my car. Sweet relief! Just one more trip to fill up the rental's tank and I was home free! So OF COURSE, I'm sitting in the long line at the gas station in front of Hilo's airport. Out of no where, the guy in front of me decides to back up right into my rental car!!! I did not even have time to react. The guy does not even get out of the car to see if he's done anything to my car. I was so furious (more at the car than him) that I skimmed it and didn't see any damage so left it at that.

Finally arrived at the rental drop off, where it was pouring and gratefully handed over the keys to the WORST RENTAL CAR EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment