Saturday, July 10, 2010

Meet Mr. Coqui

Tonight, Chris was taking out the trash and he said there was a frog at the door! I was so excited to meet the little bugger face-to-face. Frogs are generally cute. I was expecting something like this:

OK, I'M KIDDING...

CUTE FROG

Mr. Coqui is definitely little. But he's not green, nor very cute:

THE COQUI

Oh well...it's not that cute and it makes really annoying chirping noises, but that's why it's a pest in Hawaii! For those of you who are not familiar with the coqui or it's unique sounds, I've thought about making an audio of the chirping. Nahhh...you're just going to have to come visit us to experience it for yourselves!!!

On a more educational note: when I was in Puerto Rico, I was excited to learn that they are the national mascot of the San Juan. Having now experienced them, I'm wondering why!

For more interesting information about the coqui frog, you can read about them at this link:
http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/pi/pq/coqui

No comments:

Post a Comment