Monday, July 19, 2010

Letting it all hang out

Puna is basically considered the home for wayward folks - outlaws, hippies, people who christen themselves "Ohmygod," etc and Pahoa is it's capital.

Chris is completely at home with the laidback, hippie vibe of Pahoa with it's love of all things unshowered, tie-dyed, and dreads. However, I am most certainly not a hippie. My best friend, Kevin, says that I am a "conservative liberal" and I think that's a pretty accurate label.

One very common sight are the women who walk around bra-less regardless of size. I guess the conservative part of me just doesn't understand why these women don't wear a bra! Today just kind of put me over the edge though. First, this morning our landlord's sister-in-law was wandering around bra-less and it was pretty difficult to to do small talk when I was clearly caught in her headlights! (Ha ha, poor joke)

Then I was shopping in Foodland and there was a woman wandering around, braless! Normally I'd just shrug this off with an internal squeal of "Grooooossss!" However, I later checked out behind this woman and I noticed that she had French manicured tips, a humongous engagement ring (because we know that I've got my mind on those ;p), and highlights. Now this I don't get. If you are an otherwise completely put-together woman, why do you forget your bra? I tried to come up with reasons and came up with only one: Perhaps she just came from swimming and took off her wet top. But why would you practically parade your nipples around the store?

Got any better theories for why women let it all hang out?

No comments:

Post a Comment