Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Man + Machete

MAN + MACHETE

This blog is "Kris AND Chris Take on the Big Island" so I try to include as much of Chris in here as I can.

Today I woke up and he was all excited to go "reclaim the jungle." He has all these big plans to improve the house and the property (Although to his credit, he did manage to get our rent knocked down another $50 because he volunteered to do the landscaping. For those keeping track - me - that's $200/month we reduced from the initial rent price!) He has been talking about clearing some of the trees for awhile, but today he was serious. He went, got a machete, did a little show and tell with me about the machete, and marched right out the back door to get started.

Ok, those of you who know Chris (especially the Sto in Hawaii) will understand why I'm not so thrilled about Chris with a machete in hand. This is the guy who busted up his foot just trying to get to our friend's party (Martins), this is the guy who comes home with all kinds of injuries from just camping, this is the guy who tore a hole out of his ankle trying to get our luggage in Peru...you get the picture.

I went outside to "document" (Chris is all about the blog - reminding me to document with pictures) although really to check to make sure he was going to be ok. I've never really heard of a machete, except when I read in the Advertiser about some guy attacking another person with one, so I wasn't really sure about the power of a machete. Chris was in love with his and wanted to show me.




WOW! Despite the awesome power of the machete and the awesome potential for injury with Chris, I decided to let him do his man thing. Here are some other pictures of the yard since I know I haven't taken pictures of the house yet.

HOUSE FROM THE STREET, CHRIS IN THE BACK ON THE RIGHT

LOOK! WE HAVE AVOCADOS!

SOME BANANAS THAT CHRIS MURDERED

CHRIS' NEXT PROJECT: THE FLOWER GROTTO IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE

WATER CATCHMENT

OUR TV FROM OAHU

TV OUR LANDLORD RANDOMLY GAVE US...IT'S HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment