Sunday, August 22, 2010

Over the Edge

Last year a few of us raised money for Special Olympics-Hawaii. In return, we participated in the Polar Bear Plunge. It was like jumping into a giant slushie :) At the event we learned about the fall big fundraiser: Over the Edge.

This week I decided to take a leap and see if I can't raise the minimum of $1000 so that I can rappel 315 feet off the Sheraton Waikiki for the Special Olympics in October! I love supporting causes like the Special Olympics, but also the Special Olympic fundraisers always give me a chance to have an experience while supporting the cause. Plus, this will give me an opportunity to visit my friends on Oahu!

My fundraising website is: http://www.firstgiving.com/kristenwongovertheedge

Or if you'd like a flier, just email me at: Kristenwong808@gmail.com and I'll send you one!

I've included pictures of our Polar Bear Plunge:

ADDING MORE ICE!

CHRIS AND I WITH OUR NUMBERS, PRE-PLUNGE

WHOLE LOTTA ICE

ONLY TANYA WOULD SMILE WHILE JUMPING INTO A POOL OF ICE


MICHELLE HURDLES THE POOL!

CAN'T TURN BACK NOW!

KRISTEN, WAITING HER TURN

FRIENDS THROUGH THICK AND ICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment