Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chris, the Psychic

I'll start by writing that Chris REALLY wanted me to write about this in the blog :) So as time goes on, I'm find that it really is Kris and Chris' blog!

Yesterday Chris and I went out to Thai food at out favorite Thai restaurant - Thai Thai in Volcano. The restaurant is a 30 minute drive from our house so Chris asked if the shortcut I take coming home from work was shorter. I think it is, but I've never driven the route going up to Volcano and certainly not in the dark. I'm always talking about this road because it's like driving a roller coaster. I have never been on a road that had so many hills and valley's. Someone at work told me the road is so hilly because of all the lava tubes the road is built over.

As we were driving in the pitch darkness over these hills, Chris asked me if I thought anyone ever hit a boar driving on this road. I'm still coming to grips with the fact that apparently there are a lot of boars in Puna - hunting boars is a very popular pasttime in Puna. Plus I had just watched a documentary on wild boars in the south and the quest to find out if they were crossbred with the Russian wild boars (which are HUGE and crazy aggressive). I kind of shrugged off this random comment. Well, not 10 minutes later I was talking about something and Chris suddenly slammed on his brakes and swerved into the other lane. Luckily there were no oncoming cars. I caught a glance of a VERY large, black animal running just past my side of the truck. Chris had almost hit 2 boars! He said the only reason he saw them was because of one littering eye. However, they were obviously black because you couldn't really even see them when they were in the headlights.

For the last 36 hours Chris has been crowing about how he's psychic. For those of you who don't know Chris' eclectic employment history, he used to be one of those phone a psychics. I'll admit, he does have an uncanny ability to predict the weirdest things. But I'm still a skeptic!

No comments:

Post a Comment