Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Week Flowers

On August 6 I called to let Chris know I was on my way home and to ask if he needed anything. He seemed really annoyed, but complained about something related to his computer. I came home and plopped down on the couch as usual to talk about the day's events with Chris. It's been a nice new routine we developed living on the Big Island. After a few minutes of me talking he interrupted me to let me know that the reason he was annoyed was that he had ordered flowers to be delivered at work. When I didn't say anything about them on the phone or when I came home, he knew there it hadn't arrived. I was really surprised and very happy since this is the first time Chris has ever done something like this.

A few days later, my principal walks into my office with this gigantic bouquet of flowers. Chris' flowers had arrived! The bouquet had orchids, birds of paradise, anthuriums, and fiddleheads. There was a very sweet note attached congratulating me on completing my first week at work. But no matter how beautiful these flowers were, I would always be more beautiful in his eyes...aw :)

FLOWERS FROM CHRIS

Well, imagine my surprise when the next day my speech pathologist, Faith, walks in with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers!

BOUQUET FROM FAITH
CONFERENCE TABLE IN MY OFFICE WITH MY TWO BOUQUETS!

So my office has been decorated with these gorgeous bouquets. Now, Chris' bouquet sits on the dining room table as I type this blog. It has already been 2 weeks - bird of paradise and anthuriums last a long time, so I hope to be enjoying this bouquet for yet another week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment