Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My First Cricut Crafts

I caved and bought a Cricut. For those of you who are less crafty inclined, the Cricut is a personal die-cut system. What I love about it is that you get a cartridge of images and you can layer and make them whatever size you want. I have wanted one for quite some time and decided to just get one....and its SO FUN!

So I did my homework (No, I didn't make a spreadsheet. But I did make a notebook with a table that charted prices.) and got the Cricut Expression for a STEAL on eBay! The personal cutter is like the basic model; the Cricut is the standard; and, the Expression is like the top of the line. Those of you who know me know that I like the best...I'm such a snob, even when it comes to my crafts. (But I'm a cheap snob, go figure.)

We had a 4-day weekend and I spent the time playing with my latest Cricut crafts. Here's some of my first creations:

HELLO KITTY - THE DARTMOUTH CHEER VERSION!

EVERYTHING YOU SEE, I MADE :)

INSIDE OF THE BOX

Obviously, it's not that fabulous, but it's a lot of fun and a pretty decent start I'll say! Everyone at my new school is so enamored (but these are the same people that are impressed with my boxed mix baked goods haha) and so I want to have a crafting party. Ah! Life in the country :)
It's too bad that now I have these neat machine I don't have any friends with little kids around so I can make party favors now...darn.

And just for taking the time to read the blog, I'll leave you with this treat. Yes, I really was a cheerleader in college. I also was in a sorority - Delta Delta Delta.


SORORITY RUSH....I'M DELTA DELICIOUS OBVIOUSLY

2 comments:

  1. "Delta Delta Delta, can I help ya, help ya, help ya." I really thought this was just an SNL skit- I had no idea you really existed!

    ReplyDelete