Saturday, February 25, 2012

Super Slug

Probably not the most interesting of posts, but awhile ago I wrote about being a slug killer. The slugs out here on the Big Island are some of the biggest I've ever seen. Every now and then I'll step outside on my way to work and nearly squash one of these things. And if I don't see them than I see their silvery trails all over the place...even up the side of the house!

They actually move pretty fast. This slug actually was almost escaping into the little patch of grass between the door and the driveway in the time I stepped inside to get my camera. This really isn't a "Super Slug" but rather a regular sized slug. Obviously "Slug" would be a boring blog title..."Super Slug" just spices things up!

Here's some pictures of the slugs:

SLUG (EW)

SLUG + SLIPPER FOR SIZE COMPARISON

No comments:

Post a Comment