Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kung Hee Fat Choy!

January 23, 2012 marked the start of Chinese New Year, the Year of the Dragon.

I love this local stamp company, Sister Stamps. Designed by sisters, they make adorable themed stamps with these Asian kids. Each of the stamps have names and a little story about how they got their names which makes the stamps a little more special it seems.

One of the recent releases was a Chinese New Year themed release. I had never really seen Chinese New Year stamps and while I am trying to hold myself back on the crafting stuff, I couldn't resist these. I bought the Lion Dancers and made some cute cards using Copics (amazing blending markers) and some cute Sizzix embossing folders.

Originally I was going to make these for my staff, but the amount it took to just one made me realize 1) it would take me FOREVER to make 45+ and 2) All the efforts it took to make one meant that they were extra special. Who else to make extra special cards for than my own family? I made four cards and rushed to get them out to my family in time for the New Year:


I made this card for my parents and it's my favorite because I love the play of the two embossed patterns and the colors just pop for me:


No comments:

Post a Comment