Monday, December 19, 2011

Slug Killer

Yesterday I was baking and I saw a medium sized slug/snail crawling up my kitchen window screen. The slugs/snails out here get to be pretty darn big out here. In the morning there are silvery trails all over the place - even up our glass doors!

Being that I was baking I figured that I'd use some of the salt and toss it at the slug. Well at first it didn't do anything, but the second pinch of salt definitely make that thing start motoring (for a snail). Since I didn't want silvery trails up my window I kept throwing salt at it. The salt didn't seem to be doing anything, but then all the sudden the snail started doing this insane death writing and promptly...MELTED IN HALF. The first half glopped off my kitchen window screen followed by it's lower half. EW.

You might be wondering why you are reading a blog entry on killing slugs...but really, if you've read my blogs at all then you realize the there isn't much to do out here. Slug killing is pretty exciting stuff for Big Island :)

No comments:

Post a Comment