Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Learning a Stenciling Technique

People like me ought to stay away from craft classes...I learn new techniques and then I want to buy all the stuff so I can do it again. I haven't been taking classes a lot here in Hilo because 1) I'm sort of busy (less so than last year), 2) I'm poor (Thanks to Gov. Abercrombie and my incredible shrinking paycheck and limited opportunities for a 2nd job) and 3) the pickings in Hilo are SLIM.

I recently took a Dreamweaver stencil class at the nearby scrapbooking store on the strength of a really cool display board with the samples that we'd be making. There were 3 technique classes, but I took one that involved using oil paint sticks. The instructor was a guest instructor from California. There were a bunch of us ladies in the 2 hour Saturday class and it was the best class I have taken yet in Hilo. I only have one halfway decent picture - but here's what we made:


Since I have the time and don't want to be cleaning the kitchen I decided to blog about the pictures because I really like them. Hopefully when I can get my photo editing software installed again, I'll crop the picture so it looks nicer. I also put the cards together so the look a little nicer, so more photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment