Sunday, February 20, 2011

Running of the Bulls

This blog is long overdue, but we were hoping someone who got photos would send them to us....

I've always had a curiosity about the running of the bulls in Pamplona. It seemed like a very dangerous and exciting thing to do. Well after February 20, 201 I can safely say that I am not curious anymore. Chris and I spent today at the Panaewa Rodeo. It was a hot day of roping, barrel running and mutton busting.

Chris decided to enter in the spectators' event: The Bull Run. We hadn't seen this before at the Waimea rodeo, but the premise is pretty simple. Basically they let loose two bulls and both have a blue ribbon on them. One of the ribbons is a $500 winner, all you have to do is get it off the bull. Doesn't sound TOO bad right?

I have to figure out how to upload the video (sans my commentary - which apparently people love, but I do not). For now you'll have to see some pictures:

THE BEGINNING...

OF A VERY...

VERY PAINFUL...

CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH A BULL!
NOW CHRIS WILL TELL YOU HE'S SPRAWLING (WRESTLING)...
I WILL TELL YOU HE'S GETTING HIS BUTT KICKED



DOING THE SMART THING AND TRYING TO GET AWAY

What you see is actually the SECOND time Chris get attacked by the bull. The first time, the bull hit him head on and Chris actually rode the bull's head for a few seconds. I was too busy freaking out to actually get that on video though.

No one won the $500, but thankfully Chris has learned his lesson and has no desire to wrangle bulls anytime soon. And neither of us are curious any longer to experience Pamplona's running of the bulls!

Lest you are worried, Chris is just bruised and banged up. We spent the next morning in the ER and after X-Rays, blood work and a CAT scan the doctor pronounced that he had "abs of steel" since"all the organs were where they were supposed to be." (Can you tell the doctor was a male doctor?!?!)

Before anyone starts asking how could I LET him do this...I don't let Chris do anything...He's his own totally stupid 30+ year old self. I am not taking any responsibility for his dumb decisions. As a teacher I merely say, "natural consequence" and let that stand on it's own.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment