Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Driving Pet Peeves

Today I was rushing to have lunch with a friend and I got stuck behind a school bus.  It made me think of my driving pet peeves:

1. School buses that stop nearly every street and being stuck behind them - I live on the bottom of Hawaiian Paradise Park. It's more than 30 streets to the top of the road...do you REALLY need to stop every street?  In my day we WALKED TO A BUS STOP.  (On an unrelated note, OMG am I really old enough to start saying, "When I was your age...?" ?!?!?!)

2. People who don't know how to merge.  You TAKE TURNS.  Remember this concept? We teach it in preschool. People in Hawai'i are terrible at merging and that's why there's always a traffic jam in Keaau when I'm driving home because some lolo driver is trying to bully his way past others OR refusing to let anyone in (actually it's usually a chick who does this)

3. People who don't use their turn signals and suddenly make a turn.  While I am often too close the car...they make turn signals for a reason. So. You. Can. Signal. You're. Turning.

4. Related to turning...do you REALLY need to come to a near stop when you are making a turn?  Because some of us have places to be and don't need to be stuck behind some slowpoke taking a turn at 5 miles an hour.

5. If you are lost.  PULL OVER.  Slowing down every block to read each street sign is incredibly annoying to people who know where they are going.

6. Slow people in the left hand lane.  I wish cars were bumper cars because I would bump you right off the road.  It's obnoxious.

7. Loud mufflers.  I might be hearing impaired but I can hear you buzzing up the street.  And I'm not impressed.  It's not attractive and I truly think these drivers have inferiority complexes. OVERCOMPENSATING! (Same goes for the super raised cars, insane sound systems that rattle your windows, tinted windows so dark you can't see in them, etc)

8. Overly aggressive drivers.  The ones that zoom up on you out of no where, change lanes every other car they pass, tailgate you like crazy.  Please just pass me, your rage is scary. (On the flip side, un-aggressive drivers make me NUTS...being stuck behind one when it's time to go to school and they are too chicken to take the turn again brings me back to the bumper car wish).  I'm like Goldilocks...I like my drivers "just right."

9. Baby on board signs.  Just because you have a baby on board does that mean I'm going to drive differently?  No. It's not.  (But it still cute and I'll probably get one when I have a kid...so I'm not really judging)

10. Slow drivers. Period.  Yes, I don't drive the speed limits, but people who drive UNDER the speed limit - I'm sorry I don't understand.  Especially when the speed limit is 25 and PARTICULARLY in areas where there's a speed MINIMUM.

And for the record I do not believe I have road rage problem ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment