Saturday, April 28, 2012

Alien Invasion

This morning I woke up and put on my hearing aids after my shower.  I went downstairs and was playing on the computer when I felt a sharp pain in my ear.  I ignored it and kept working but a few seconds later it happened again.  PANIC! It was one of my fears...there was a bug stuck in my ear!

Always calm under pressure, I totally shrieked, ripped out my hearing aid and ran upstairs, banging my head and tilting it to the side repeatedly.  All this commotion merely served to aggravate this bug apparently since the pain kept occurring.  I used a Q-Tip as the directions say never to use (I've always been such a rebel) and promptly pulled out an...


Ew. Ew. Ew. EW! I learned through a helpful Google search that a) Ant bite and b) Ants have hooks/claws on their feet.  I'm guessing one of the reasons is why it hurt so much to have this "alien invasion." 

Needless to say, when I saw it was an ant, I promptly VICIOUSLY SMUSHED IT. Now I'm totally traumatized by the actual experience of having a bug in my ear...which I'm sorry to say I can speak from experience that I'd rather inhale (via nose or mouth - I have managed to do both) a bug than have one fly in my ear.  I'd even rather have a bee stuck in my hoodie and sting me repeatedly in the face and neck (as happened ON MY WAY TO A FRIEND'S WEDDING - Hi Kate!) than have a bug in my ear.

JUST. GROSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment