Sunday, June 8, 2014

Impulsive Shopping

Whenever I travel, I give myself permission to be a little more extravagant than normal.  For example, I usually will only buy magazines in airports.  Recently I got to return to Hawai'i (which is another blog post to come!) and of course I had to do some shopping.  However this Hawai'i trip was marked by some random impulsive buys which are a huge cry from my usual magazine splurge...

My first impulse buy was at Ala Moana.  I happened to see the La Perla store and knowing only that they sold lingerie, I wandered in.  Whoa, I had no idea how EXPENSIVE La Perla is.  But I thought I'd try on some potential honeymoon lingerie.

In the dressing room across from me there was a man and his wife.  They must have either had a lot of money or they were just terrible with money because the woman kept complaining about how she already had something.  With $100 for just a thong, I couldn't wrap my head around how much money she must spend on underwear!  And awkwardly enough I kept hearing the man's commentary, especially when he'd remark how much he loved something on her...was that really happening??!!

This might be overshare, but I thought it was so weird...that they had these:

What are those you ask? I had to ask too...those would be...disposable thongs.  Never heard of them, thought they were weird myself but I suppose it makes sense.  I mean if they make disposable socks, I guess it makes sense they'd make disposable underwear!

Ultimately I did find a few pretty things that will be really fun to wear which I'm excited about since, hey you only go on a honeymoon once!  But if that wasn't enough, there was a second impulse buy (I know, ridic).  While at the Wedding Ring Shop getting my engagement ring cleaned and checked, I wandered around looking at the cases.  I saw a necklace and some earrings I liked so I asked to try them on.  As soon as that necklace went on, I thought, "oh boy I'm in trouble."  They had several sets of earrings, but of course the matching ones are always the nicest and that's what I ended up getting.  I had always wanted to have my "something blue" be jewelry so that I could wear it and always have a little tangible memory since I'm so sentimental about everything.

Can't wait for you all to see (the jewelry...not the underwear)!

No comments:

Post a Comment